Wednesday 31 December 2014

The Best 10 Books I Read in 2014

I'm always a little wary of doing a 'best books' post as I haven't read everything that's come out (including several high profile and much lauded titles), and so much of reading is subjective, but here's a list of the best books I read in 2014.  I'll post my book stats for the year in a few days.

Indeed, 2014 was a great year for amazing books.  It seemed every book I picked up was of a higher caliber.  I’ve listed my top 10 in the order in which I read them.  I’ve also added 2 bonus books that I read this year but which were published in previous years.  The links go to my reviews of the books.

May 2015 be another amazing book year, with even more high caliber stuff.

Tin Star - Cecil Cuccilli
The Emperor's Blades - Brian Staveley
Rebellion - Karen Sandler
The Tropic of Serpents - Marie Brennan
Gemsigns - Stephanie Saulter
A Barricade in Hell - Jaime Lee Moyer
City of Stairs - Robert Jackson Bennett
Full Fathom Five - Max Gladstone
Memory of Water - Emmi Itaranta 

The Lost Girl - Sangu Mandanna

Curtsies and Conspiracies - Gail Carriger

Wishing you all an awesome New Year's.

No comments: