Friday 10 January 2014

Blog Stats and 2013 Favourites

I've been doing my blog stats for a couple of years now to see what my reading trends are. (Here are my numbers for 2012.)

This year I included the novellas I read (3) in with my novels but left out comics and non-fiction (which I read more of).

Total novels included: 51

Books by men: 26
Books by women: 25

Science Fiction: 17
Fantasy: 12
Urban Fantasy 2
Horror 7
Other (mystery with sf elements) 1
YA 12 (10 sf, 2 fantasy)

Again, I was low on reading urban fantasy but I did increase the number of horror novels I read last year.  I've been trying to read more books by women, which obviously paid off.  Still, I'm surprised by how close my male/female ration is.  It's usually higher on the male side.  I read a lot more new releases this year and fewer classic SF, which might account for that.

Here are some of my favourite books from last year, in the order that I read them.  It was a good year for me.  Narrowing this list to 13 books was hard (I had to leave off several great books).

Etiquette and Espionnage by Gail Carriger
Daylight War by Peter Brett
Terminal Point by K. M. Ruiz
Every Day by David Levithan
Up Against It by M. J. Locke
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Love Minus Eighty by Marie Brennan
Play or Die by Jen Cole
All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
Delia's Shadow by Jaime Lee Moyer
Two Serpents Rise by Max Gladstone
Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
Control by Lydia Kang

I haven't posted my reviews for Ancillary Justice and Control yet (as I read them both in December), but they're coming.

Here's to another year of awesome reads.  :D

No comments: