Thursday 22 March 2012

Japanese Music Video: Do As Infinity

I was recently updating my mp3 player, after not doing so for numerous years, and was reminded of all the old Japanese songs I used to listen to back when I lived in Japan.  Songs that have fantastic music videos (which for some reason played at 2:30 in the morning).  So I thought I'd make that a new feature on my blog, sharing some great foreign music (I'm saying foreign, rather than Japanese because I might post some Russian and other music at some point).

So, first up is Do As Infinity's 陽のあたる坂道 (Hi no ataru sakamichi / "Sunlit Hill")

If you want to learn more about the group, check out their official website, youtube channel (with other music videos by them) and twitter account.  They're all in Japanese, so you might want to check out their wikipedia page instead. :)

I love the fantasy feel of this video, especially the falling cherry blossoms at the end...



If you want to know what they're singing, you can find an English translation of the lyrics here.

No comments: